Hello, everyone and welcome back to my blog!
I unintentionally took a longer-than-expected break from posting on my blog. In fact, I hadn’t planned to take a break at all, but due to the excessive pressure I was putting on myself to write as well as all of the craziness that is inherent to the holiday season, I went on a break. I’m glad I am returning now that I naturally feel inspired to write.
During my time away from my blog, I took the GRE, celebrated a stressful version of Christmas, became absorbed by a romance novel series, and relaxed with my friends and my girlfriend. I’m quite relieved that the holiday season is wrapping up and I’m eager to embark on a new year!
Anyway, I wanted to write a bit about my goals for 2019. Before I share them though, you can check out my post about my goals from 2018! Below are additional goals I had for 2018 that were written in a private journal.
- Save money
- Invest in myself: blog
- Challenge myself: perform
- Be creative: crochet and write
- Get published!
- Apply for PhD
- YTT + teach! (500hrs in 5 years?)
I’m proud to have accomplished many of my goals for 2018 such as graduating from college, writing a killer thesis, investing in myself, challenging myself, and exploring my creativity more.
There are a few aspirations from 2018 that I’m still working on though, such as getting a job and applying to grad school. Additionally, some of the items on that list are long-term goals, such as getting published and completing 500 hours of yoga teacher training.
This year, for 2019, I have decided to approach my list differently: I have created resolutions that are short-term oriented, so I can actually accomplish them all in one year. These aspirations break down my longer-term goals into smaller, feasible tasks that ultimately serve as the foundation for the long-term goals I had created in 2017.
Top 10 Goals for 2019
- Allot weekly yoga studying time
- Establish a consistent meditation practice, at least weekly
- Plan and execute a chakra yoga class series for the spring
- Research and book a yoga workshop/training for late 2019/2020
- Confidently making decisions! (Such as for grad school)
- Integrate cardio at least weekly into my routine
- Work daily on a long-term writing project
- Continue to maintain this blog and begin planning how to expand it
- Complete the rest of the half-read books that I have.
- Create a ritual for my ancestors
I’ll definitely be keeping you all updated on my 2019 endeavors. I’m feeling quite optimistic about them.
What are your aspirations for 2019? Please share them below!